GREAT PLACE TO WORK® INSTITUTE, INC.
Updated March, 2019
Great Place To Work Institute Inc. (GPTW) and its licensed affiliates (collectively, "GPTW Network") respect your privacy. This Global Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
GPTW collects information from you when you choose to share it with us through or in connection with, but not limited to, our websites, events, conferences, client engagements, survey and assessment tools, workplace accreditations, and business development activities. For example, when you share your personal information with us to submit an inquiry through our websites, sign-up for our e-mail lists or newsletters, register for an event or conference, apply for one of our Best Companies to Work For lists, receive information about our events, products and services, and/or contact you regarding a potential or actual future, existing or current project or engagement. The information we collect may include name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, e-mail address, company name, job function, company industry, company size, nature of your inquiry, the types of information you want to receive, event information, dietary restrictions and meal preferences, and if you make a purchase, credit/debit card number or other financial information.
You can set your Internet browser or operating system settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, to omit images (which will disable pixel tags) or adjust your tracking preferences. Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of advertising cookies. Without cookies or pixel tags though, you may not be able to take full advantage of our sites’ features. Check the “Tools” or “Help” tab on your browser to learn how to change your cookie and other tracking preferences.
Our website may host various blogs, forums, wikis, and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Any personal information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application can be read, collected, and used by other users of that Social Media Application over whom we have little or no control. Therefore, we are not responsible for any other user’s use, misuse, or misappropriation of any personal information or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application.
Purposes of Processing Your Personal Information And Potential Uses
GPTW processes your information for the following purposes or may use you information in the following ways:
- Respond to your inquiries or requests via the contact information you provide, including but not limited, e-mail;
- Sign you up for, and provide you with, our newsletters and informative e-mail messages, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within the GPTW Network;
- Register you for our events and conferences, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within the GPTW Network;
- Promote our events and conferences, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within the GPTW Network;
- Provide you with information regarding our events, conferences, products and services, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within the GPTW Network;
- Register and consider your company for one of our Best Companies to Work For lists;
- Communicate and/or coordinate with you regarding potential or actual future, current or past projects and engagements;
- Facilitate the purchase of our books, products, services or other offerings, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within the GPTW Network;
- Develop new products and services;
- Address problems and review the usage and operations of our websites or business, and improve our content, products, and services;
- Manage our telecommunications networks, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within the GPTW Network;
- Process and archive scientific and historical research and statistical analysis assessing workplace culture, performance, and accreditation to assist organizations in evaluating and improving their workplaces;
- Protect the security or integrity of our sites and our business, as well as those of other licensed affiliates within the GPTW Network;
- Facilitate or consider the sale of GPTW or one of our licensed affiliates to another company;
- Investigate or prevent an actual or suspected crime or injury to ourselves or others; and
- Respond to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or as otherwise required by law.
International Data Transfers
GPTW is a global business. To offer our services, we may need to transfer your personal information among several countries, including the United States, where we are headquartered. We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") or Switzerland.
GPTW EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Privacy Notice
Chief Data Protection Officer
Great Place To Work® Institute, Inc.
1999 Harrison Street, Suite 2070 Oakland, CA 94612
GPTW has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
GPTW receives and processes personal information from or relating to GPTW Affiliates and other legally separate entities in the context of the provision of products, services and support to these entities. Personal information received by GPTW will be treated in accordance with their instructions or pursuant to GPTW contractual arrangements with them consistent with the Privacy Shield requirements. GPTW acts as a data processor with respect to this information.
Individuals have rights under the Privacy Shield to access their personal information and to limit use and disclosure of their personal information. Please contact us if you wish to exercise these rights and we will refer any requests to relevant data controllers and support them as needed in responding to your request.
As a data processor, GPTW will disclose personal information only as authorized by the relevant data controller. We may use a limited number of third-party service providers to assist us in providing our services or in meeting internal business operation needs. These third parties will access information only to perform tasks on our behalf.
GPTW is accountable for the onward transfer of data to third party service providers or agents who assist us in providing services. GPTW maintains contracts with these third parties in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations and other obligations and accepts liability if those parties fail to meet these obligations and we are responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.
Personal Information may also be disclosed as part of a corporate transaction such as a sale, divestiture, reorganization, merger or acquisition.
Disclosures of personal information may also be required to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies, professional bodies or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests and professional standards. GPTW will notify the applicable data controller of any such request unless prohibited by law.
GPTW is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Should you believe that your rights have been infringed, you have the possibility, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Your Right To Access, Rectify, And Object To Your Personal Information
You have the right to obtain the following information from us:
- Confirmation as to whether or not your personal information is being processed by GPTW and
If we are processing your personal information:
- Purposes of the processing;
- Categories of data concerned;
- Recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal information is disclosed, including the identity of any service providers we use to process your personal information on our behalf;
- Details of any transfers of your personal information to non-European countries; and
- Copy of the personal information being processed and of any available information as to the source of the information, except where prohibited by law.
You have the right to obtain this information from us at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay, unless we are prohibited by law from sharing such information or where it is necessary to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
GPTW takes reasonable care to ensure that your personal information is accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date. If it is determined that your personal information is inaccurate or out of date, we take every reasonable step to correct it.
You can object to the processing of your personal information if it is processed unlawfully. Further, if you allow us to process your personal information as described in this Global Privacy Notice, you can later withdraw your consent at any time (in which case, we will no longer process your personal information, anonymize it or delete it, as appropriate).
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as provided below.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
GPTW employs commercially reasonable technical, physical, administrative and organizational safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information, including measures aimed at protecting personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
In addition, we contractually require all service providers that process your personal information on our behalf to implement and maintain commercially reasonable technical, physical, administrative and organizational safeguards designed to protect your personal information.
Links To Other Sites
GPTW tries to make sure that any links on our websites send you to a helpful and reliable place on the Internet, but we are not responsible for the content of these other websites or their privacy practices. We may also have “plugins” (such as the Facebook “Like” button) to third-party sites or offer login (such as log in with Facebook) through a third-party account. Third-party plugins and login features, including their loading, operation and use, are governed by the privacy notice and terms of the third-party providing them.
GPTW also provides links to the websites of other affiliates within the GPTW Network. These websites are governed by the privacy notice and terms of the GPTW Network affiliate providing them.
Updates To Our Global Policy Notice
How To Contact Us
Chief Data Protection Officor
Great Place To Work® Institute, Inc.
1999 Harrison Street, Suite 2070 Oakland, CA 94612